Monday, August 27, 2018

August WIPocalypse!

Well, August hasn't been my most productive cross stitch month, but what I HAVE done makes me very happy. And I enjoyed stitching it!

I got back into my rotation (initially), and found myself back in my Stitchmaynia projects. I started with "No Bees No Honey" by Birds of a Feather.
I'm stitching this on 20 count fabric so it's pretty tiny which I like. A little more of the beehive was accomplished before I moved on to a different project.

Then I moved on to "Quaker Diamonds" by Rosewood Manor. Let's face it - this is a big project for me and for some reason takes a LOT more concentration to keep myself in the right place when stitching.
This is one of those "I hope it matches up" projects with all of the borders. Pretty though, don't you think?

Next came Little House Needlework's "Farmhouse Christmas" series. Yes, I'm still stitching the first one, but am enjoying it immensely!
At this point in the stitching month, I had the sudden urge to attempt to actually finish something. And what could be more appropriate for the upcoming fall than "Scaredy Cats" from Mill Hill.
This tiny project has a LOT of beading. I know, I know. That's the idea of a Mill Hill kit. I'm talking a ton of beading though. The half stitch-attached beads go pretty quickly, but the tiny petite beads are attached with a full cross stitch and they take me much longer to do.
For example, the green beads on the cart are attached with a half cross stitch and they lay at an angle. The beads that make up the cart wheels are attached with a full cross stitch and lay horizontally. But just look at those cats! So cute! I think I'm about 2/3 of the way done with the beading. I just might have a real finish in time for fall!

I think I'm going to complete this project before moving on. August was full of travel, being sick, and just general busy-ness. But now I'm ready to go and get back into the stitching mode.

Question of the month: Which is more satisfying to you and why - the process of stitching a piece, or the finish?   Although I like having a finish, I like the process of stitching a piece a lot more. Just seeing the pattern form with thread and needle makes me happy. Adding a new color and seeing how it looks with the others is a really satisfying part of the process.

Please go to Measi's Musings for more info about the WIPocalypse.

Some good news! Some of you may know that I've been having trouble with commenting on my blog, both commenting on other peoples' blogs and replying to comments on my own blog. The issue seems to have corrected itself and I was able to comment on a couple of blogs that I haven't been able to in a long time! Yay!

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful progress on all of your projects Cathy.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very glad your ongoing issue is apparently gone. :) Those kitties are so very cute. Quaker Diamonds is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress on all of your stitching.
    Mill Hill are tedious, but oh so pretty when done.
    I love the process, seeing the piece come to life!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your beaded project. How adorable. All of your other projects are great too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely stitching, the little farmhouse is so cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great progress, but I really love the No Bees No Honey and of course the cats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT stitching progress! Everything looks fantastic. I like the stitching process the best too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those cats! So cute!
    I agree with the others, I prefer stitching the projects to finishing them. I have a couple that are completed, I just need to finish them up, and they have been waiting for over a year, now. LOL

    ReplyDelete