Sunday, August 5, 2018

WIPocalypse, Late Edition

I've been making an effort to become more organized. Last week I went through my cross stitch fabric, sorting it according to count. The plan is to make me think before I go to buy fabric because I might, just might, have it "in stock". The result is oddly satisfying, knowing what I have and where I can find it when needed. So going beyond that, last Friday I went through my jewelry. Now before you start thinking that I have a collection of Tiffany baubles, let me set you straight. Most of my jewelry (about 99% of it) is of the costume variety. You know, fun stuff and things I made myself. Again, I now know just what I have and I know that it's stuff I'll wear. I'm even keeping this blog more organized, with my goal to be a better, more consistent blogger!

That brings me to organizing my WIPs, and keeping a record of my rotation. This is something I've been meaning to do for a while. I even have a nice journal-y type of book that I can write in. But so far I haven't gotten around to actually doing any kind of record-keeping, relying on my memory to keep me organized. So this will be my next organizing project! For now, let's see what I've worked on, willy-nilly style!

I had a fun stitch day with my friend, Dena last month. I stitched on "Tulip's Praise" by Gracewood Stitches. Whenever I stitch this one, I don't want to put it down. The design is so pretty, and just look at those colors.
Never mind the wonkiness of the photo. It's a fairly large chart, so I'm not even halfway through. I'm stitching it on 18-count off white Jobelan.

Little House Needleworks' "Farmhouse Christmas" was up next. I'm still working on the first one, but am making progress.
These little designs are so cute, and I'll be stitching each one separately.

I spent quite a bit of time on "Scaredy Cats" by Mill Hill. My goal is to get this one done in time for fall. I'm about a third of the way through the beading.

Yesterday, I picked up "No Bees" by Birds of a Feather. This is one of my Stitchmaynia starts. I'm stitching it one over one on 20 count Jobelan.
As you can see, I made just a tiny bit of progress. But I'll stick with this one for a few days.

Question of the month: Half year recap: How are you doing with your goals so far this year?  I guess pretty well. I've stitched on all of my WIPs, finished a few, and even brought one back from UFO-dom.

WIPocalypse is a SAL designed to keep us rotating those WIPs. It's hosted by Melissa at Measi's Musings. We post once a month, or in my case, a little less. For more info, click HERE.

Thanks for visiting my blog today. I continue to have commenting issues and don't know if I'll ever figure out what the exact issue is. If you have any questions for me, just put them in the comment box and I'll answer them right here on my blog. Please come back often! I appreciate all of my subscribers and commenters!

7 comments:

  1. Awesome progress on all of your projects Cathy.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. On her post of June 20th, Jo has a solution to fix notification issues.

    http://serendipitousstitching.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2018-06-23T19:24:00%2B01:00&max-results=9&start=6&by-date=false

    Nice progress on all of your WIPs.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy when I have technical issues I ask my adult children they fix EVERYTHING for me. Sometimes I am able to Google things and fix them that way.
    What wonderful projects! I absolutely LOVE Tulip's Praise! Wow is it pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely stitching! The Tulip Sampler is so bright and cheerful, I can see why you enjoy working on it. I have just finished Little Red Barn and couldn't put it down, it's adorable. I don't think I will stitch all of the designs but we'll see.
    Good luck with being more organised! My resolution is to be a better blogger. My blog has been sadly neglected this year. It's a good feeling when your stash is in order isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! Every time I think I'm organized, I find another area I need to work on!
    Tulip's Praise looks great, those are beautiful colours. Scaredy Cats is going to be adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous stitching! Well done on getting your 'stock' organised - do you want to pop over and do mine for me please? It REALLY needs doing!

    I didn't realise you had started Flosstube, I was so excited to find you. I am currently watching your second one :)

    ReplyDelete