Monday, October 1, 2018

September WIPocalypse - Mega Stitching Edition!

Let's just say that September was a big month for stitching. I attended two stitching get togethers, with one of them a two day event. So I had a lot of stitching time to make some progress on a lot of WIPs. It's always like that, right? We either make a little progress on a lot of WIPs, or we make great progress on a few. In my case, it's the former.

I started with Blackbird Designs' "Salute To Abigail", which is in the "Sweet Land Of Liberty" book.
This is being stitched on R&R linen in the color "mink". The chart calls for silks, but I substituted overdyed floss that I already had in my stash. As it's coming together, I can see that it's a very good substitution!

Next was a new start. I joined the Facebook group "Halloween March Stitch Along - Teresa Kogut Design", which is a SAL. I know, I know. I said I'd stay away from SALs because I'm the Slowest Stitcher In The World. But this design is so adorably vintage.

This is going to be a challenge for me because it's a LOT of confetti, but I'm diving in. I will be putting this into the rotation more often in an attempt to try to keep up, but I'm not locking myself into a finish date. I'm stitching it on 30 count "Tin Roof" linen by Weeks Dye Works.

I have another new start.
Little House Needleworks' Farmhouse Christmas "Horsin' Around". Just a few stitches in.

My favorite project is next. It's "Life Tree" by Rovaris, which is my birthday start.
If I could only stitch one project, it would be this one. I just love everything about it. I'm stitching it one over one on 25 count Lugana in the color "potato". I did a quick tea dip (not really a dye) on this fabric to give it some very subtle mottling.

At my last stitching get together, I worked on "Be Ye Thankful" by the Cricket Collection.
Also in my September rotation was "Rainbow Row" by CW Designs.
I am really appreciating how beautiful this chart is with all of its detail. I worked on the green house, but noticed a few confetti stitches undone in the area of the blue house! I'll get to them. I'm stitching this on 32 count antique white Jobelan.

Lastly, I worked on "Light Upon The Lawn" by Blackbird Designs.
Talk about teeny-tiny stitches! This fabric is the one I coffee/tea dyed and seemed to expand in the process. The result is that the 28 count fabric turned into maybe 27 or 26 count! The stitches seemed too big for me so I started stitching one over one. It also distorted the fabric a bit, but the pattern is still looking good, so I'm happy.

I even had a few finishes, but since this post is so photo heavy, I thought I'd leave those for the next blog post.

For more information about the WIPocalypse, go to Measi's Blog.

Thanks for visiting me today! Thank you for all of your comments. I appreciate each one. See you soon!

8 comments:

  1. Oh such lovely, lovely projects! I like that you are doing Light Upon the Lawn over one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu did have lots of progress in September! I love the Halloween one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You have so many gorgeous projects in progress Cathy! Love them all! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. All great projects!
    Love that Halloween design.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh....so many gorgeous projects! I particularly like the Halloween one - that vintage look is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some lovely new starts there, Cathy!
    Great idea for Light upon the Lawn. Scary when fabric stretches when you wash it! Good luck with it!
    Look forward to seeing your finishes.
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What absolutely beautiful stitching! You have been working on some lovely projects! I love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, you certainly know how to keep busy! All great patterns, the SAL you're doing will be fantastic! I love the colours in Light Upon the Lawn, it looks lovely so far.

    ReplyDelete