Tuesday, May 1, 2018

WIPocalypse For April

During this month, I started doing a true rotation of my cross stitch projects. But first I zeroed in on finishing something - Christmas Sentiments.
There it is, all finished. Stitched, that is. I still have to decide on framing for this. I am happy to have an actual finish though.

So after I put the last stitch into Christmas Sentiments, I decided to start rotating my WIPs. I devoted two or three days to each one before moving on to the next. I stitch mostly in the evenings, so maybe get in a couple of hours of stitch time.

First up this month was Light Upon The Lawn by Blackbird Designs.
This is the one that I'm stitching on fabric that I tea and coffee dyed. The fabric must have gotten distorted in the process and a bit stretched out because when I started stitching two over two (it's 28 count), the stitches were gigantic. I then switched to one over one and I like the results! But you can see the distortion especially in what is supposed to be an oval. It's now a circle. I think it'll still turn out nicely.

Next was my Linen and Threads 2017 Mystery Sampler. I know, I know. Not much of a mystery anymore. At least I get to see everything I'll be stitching and know I'll like it.
Yes, I'm still working on January. Sigh. It's such a large section. I did make significant progress on it though!

My Joyful World by the Snowflower Diaries July piece is coming along nicely. I did work on this one a lot at my April stitch day with the Sisters In Stitches.
I know I'll have this one done in time to display in July. Don't you love the colors?

I did start working on my UFO, The Angel Of Divinity by Dimensions. It was difficult to orient myself as to where to begin continuing. Begin continuing? Wow, that sounded weird. But you know what I mean. I chose to work on some dark blue background. It was unbelievably slow-going.
I had to reacquaint myself with the colors. What's "dark blue", "medium blue", and "blue"? It's a kit, so......

Here's one that I haven't picked up in a long time. It's Tulip's Praise by Gracewood Stitches.
I even started a new section. I didn't want to put this one down when it was time to rotate to the next project!

Finally, I had a birthday start! I'm stitching Life Tree by Rovaris.
I'm stitching this one over one on 25 count Lugana. I tea dyed the fabric, the color of which was called "potato". I will be stitching the entire chart in DMC 815.

Question of the month: Talk to us about your longest-running WIP or UFO.  That would have to be the Angel Of Divinity (see above). I think I started stitching it about 15 years ago and stopped for some reason. Was I overwhelmed by all of the different colors, or the specialty stitches? I don't know. I found it in my craft closet and showed it on one of my Flosstube videos and was then urged to continue stitching it. So into the rotation it went. I do like it and know that it will be worth the time put into stitching it.

I will be keeping to my new rotation, and have a few more projects to work on that I didn't get to in April. I also plan to join Stitchmaynia, but in a very small way. I will be starting 5 projects, as a tribute to May being the fifth month (and also my favorite month). So look for me next month, and hopefully you'll see a lot of new stitching! Until then, have a great month. Happy stitching!

6 comments:

  1. Super update, Cathy! Congratulations on your Christmas Sentiments piece! It is gorgeous. Your rotation seems to be going well for you. I look forward to seeing your progress along with your new starts at the end of May.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas Sentiments turned out beautiful, love those colors.
    Your other projects and starts are so pretty too.
    I too, have a long-running WIP.
    It's Queen Mermaid, probably started about 3 years ago,
    Just not interested in it too much, not sure why.
    I pick it up, put in a few stitches, and pack it up again.
    I guess we all go through phases.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on Christmas Sentiments it is gorgeous! I think your Angel is gorgeous as well. I can see why you did not want to put down the tulips. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your finish! The angel is lovely but far more than I would every attempt. Hope you make it to the finish, looks like it will be pretty when finished

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks as though your new rotation is really working for you! Congrats on a FINISH! I love all your stitching you have here but my favorite is the Gracewood Stitches piece as it is on my long list of things to stitch...one day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fantastic update. I see what you mean about the fabric for the BBD piece. But you’re right, it will be fine. Hooray for your finish and here’s to more.

    ReplyDelete