Sunday, January 29, 2017

January WIPocalypse Post!

Joining this WIPocalypse group has been the best thing I could have done, stitchingwise. I was so motivated to stitch this month because of it.

I don't have a set stitching rotation, but instead worked on what I felt like working on. It may seem random, but I did actually pick up three of my WIPs during the past month. Two weeks ago, we had our Sisters In Stitches stitching day and I made some progress on Tulip's Praise.
I'm stitching this one over one on 18 count fabric. I just don't remember what kind of fabric it is, but it is an evenweave. This one is fun to stitch with pretty spring colors.

A lot of stitches have also gone into Kaleidoscope.
This is the one I have been stitching at our stitch days, but decided to change things up a bit and worked on it at home. I'm seeing the wisdom in changing projects once in a while.

The one I've made the most progress on is The Joyful World monthly series. I hadn't put any stitches into it for quite a while and was thinking that maybe I wouldn't be so enthusiastic about working on 25 count fabric over one again! Wow, was I wrong! I am having fun making these tiny stitches.
I got a new camera for Christmas and can't figure out how to turn on the close-up feature. I plan to use some time this afternoon to do that so that I can get a better photo of my little stitches next time. But isn't this cute?! I really don't have much more to do on it. Then "February" will start! I'm stitching this one on Davos fabric in an oatmeal color.

I didn't work on the "Angel of Divinity" stocking at all. I did find it, but the fabric was rolled up when it was stored, and then got flattened. Now there are all kinds of horizontal fold lines going across the fabric. I want to find out if I can get these out before I start stitching. It's been stored for a long time so I'm hoping it's not a lost cause.

The last WIP on my list was the English Cottage Sampler. I sat down with this one and started to stitch, but realized another problem I was having with it: the chart itself. It appears to have been hand written and (for me) is difficult to follow. Excuses, excuses. But really, it just adds to the un-fun-ness of this project. Sigh. I don't know if I'm going to be able to pick this one back up. Do you have any projects like that, or is it just me?

You can read all about the WIPocalypse SAL by going to Measi's Musings. The question of the month is: What Stitch-a-Longs (SALs) are you participating in this year? My answer is that this is the only one! And that's okay. I'm not the world's fastest stitcher (ok, I'm a slow stitcher.) and this is pretty much all I can handle with the other crafting endeavors I am working on or planning.

So that is my stitching progress for January! I'm thinking about adding a new project soon, but as of right now I don't know which one to start. But that's the fun of it, right?

9 comments:

  1. I know it's extra $ when you already have the chart, but you could buy it again from Patterns Online which will be a computer-generated chart ... at least it would let you finish it? http://www.patternsonline.com/Patterns/Pat.aspx?P=6342

    Nice WIPs too - great progress for January :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects.
    Kaleidoscope is amazing.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is wonderful. I love the flowers and colors of the first piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tulips looks beautiful and I love the colours in Kaleidoscope.
    I like doing the JW months small too, they just seem so petite and sweet! January looks great so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic work, I love kaleidoscope, the colors are amazing =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think most people have a project that just bogs them down, mine was The Baptism, loved the chart, but the color changes....I have to admit it's done due to my wonderful friend who finished it for me.

    Love all of your WIP's, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great variety of WIPs you have going and you made good progress on them. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful WIPs, Cathy. I love the tulips, particularly.

    ReplyDelete