Friday, January 6, 2017

WIPocalypse Time!

I mentioned in my last post that for me, this was going to be the year of the WIP. I've got some pretty nice projects going and it would be nice to finish one for once. A kind commenter, Kay from the blog "Kitten Stitching" suggested that I join the WIPocalypse SAL at Melissa's Measi's Musings blog. Great idea! So here I am writing my first post for this adventure. I liked Melissa's description of the SAL as "a very easy-going, low-key stitch-a-long". That sounded perfect to me.

So let me introduce myself to the group. I'm Cathy and I've been stitching for about 35 years. I live in Georgia, just north of Atlanta with my husband Mark. We have a grown son, Matt, who just got married to Steph and they live in the Boston area. I work for our local library system. Two cats live in our house and think they're royalty. Besides stitching, I like to crochet, make beaded jewelry, and do general craft projects. I belong to an amazing stitching group called the Sisters In Stitches which meets once a month for a day of stitching and talking.

While Matt and Steph were here for Christmas, I found my old, old WIP, "English Cottage Sampler" by Teresa Wentzler to show Steph. I told her that I really liked this project, but stopped stitching it for several reasons. One of those reasons involved blended threads. But now, just looking at it made me want to forge ahead and complete this gorgeous piece.
I've also identified the other projects that I'm including in my WIP quest. Here goes:
--Tulip's Praise by Gracewood Stitches
--Kaliedoscope by Sheena Rogers
--The Joyful World monthly series by The Snowflower Diaries. (This project is available on Facebook HERE. Look in the files. All of the charts are free courtesy of the talented designer Maja. Go on. You know you want to. I'm such an enabler.)
--Angel of Divinity stocking kit by Dimensions.

I'll be showing photos of the rest of my list in future posts. 

Will I start anything new? It's not out of the question. If When I do, I will add it to the above list and stitch happily away. It's all for fun and maybe, just maybe completing some stitching projects during 2017. 

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful project Cathy... I hope you get it finished! Good luck with the SAL! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck finishing it. I did that one a long time ago. It IS gorgeous but I know what you mean about the blended threads. Don't forget the beads! You will be happy to finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful! I love blending threads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your TW is one of my favorites. It's in my stash, but hasn't been started. Not sure if it ever will be, but love looking at it from time to time. Can't wait to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful sampler. The 3rd or 4th project I ever stitched was TW the Castle. Blended threads, evenweave and fractionals. I didn't know it was supposed to be difficult so I just stitched it! Hope you enjoy every stitch in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best wishes on your finishing some of your WIPs quest! What a beautiful project you featured!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely stitching. Looking forward to your WIP quest updates. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete