Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Almost There!

There's been a lot going on around here lately.  One thing is that I've accepted a new position in the library system I work for.  It's a good change, and rather than being nervous about it, I'm actually looking forward to it.  Imagine that, from someone who likes her routines.

My fellow local stitchers and I are sad because of another change - the closing of The Stitch Store.  Terrie, the owner, is going through some changes in her own life and is in the process of closing this lovely gathering place for stitchers in the North Georgia area.  I know that I speak for all of her customers when I say that she and her store will be missed.  Our stitch group, Sisters in Stitches, had our last Stitch Day there last Saturday and gave Terrie a pretty nice sendoff.  What a bittersweet day, full of our usual laughter, but with sadness mixed in.  We wish Terrie the best of luck in all of her endeavors!

As a little remembrance of the day, I made each stitcher a cute little emery strawberry like the one I posted about a while back.  I have one more for our Virginia stitcher friend!!

Because the store is closing, there was a sale going on.  I stocked up on fabric, floss, charts and a few miscellaneous items.  Can you say "substantial stash acquisition bordering on hoarding"?  I do not have a photo of it because I'm embarrassed.

I love getting crafty gifts and this one is no exception.  Look at what my niece Grace, age 8, made for me.  It's a bulletin board with a border of beads.  And it came with two handmade "pins"!  I love it and will hang it in the craft room.  Thank you, Grace!

The title of this post, "Almost There", refers to my 95 followers.  I am oh-so-slowly getting to one hundred.  All I need are 5 more followers, then I'll post about the drawing for a bunch of cool stitch-related stuff!  Keep checking in with my blog for this post!

9 comments:

  1. I followed your comment on Donna's blog and am so glad I did! I'm now your 96th follower and am looking forward to seeing your lovely stitching and interesting comments. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should post your stash acquisition. If it's an obscene amount it makes everyone else feel not so bad when we think we've bought to much. Sorry to hear about the LNS closing. That is always a sad day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is a shame. I do so hope that your stitching group still plan to meet.Post your stash please - we all love to share, even if it is vicariously! Love the strawberries - do you have a pattern for making them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find the instructions and pattern for making the strawberries here:
      http://www.marthastewart.com/273284/strawberry-pincushions
      Have fun!

      Delete
  4. that is so sad about your shop, I do hope you can continue your stitching group...

    Come on now, you must share your new stash... Please

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate to hear of stitching stores closing - always so sad. Um, and we want to see the stash. It is NOT hoarding when everything is put away properly with the good intention of using it all. It just means we are all living to the ripe age of 200+ in order to get everything stitched!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just so sad about The Stitch Store closing! Maybe your "group" could meet halfway between VA and GA to spend a day or two stitching. That would be so much fun. I will miss shopping there if only once or twice a year. Your sweet strawberries are just too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always so troubling to hear about a brick & mortar shop closing because they're so much more fun than online shopping! And yes, please do post your stash enhancements. We've all been there before... maybe... *hides stuff in closet*

    ReplyDelete