Thursday, May 23, 2019

Stitching Up A Storm

My original plan for Stitchmaynia was to stitch on a different WIP each day, and just keep rotating them. That worked for a while, but then I'd get stuck on a project. You know the feeling: "I like stitching this chart so much I can't put it down!" And really, when you think about it, this isn't such a bad thing.

This is the project that started it, or should I say stopped my plan.
This is "Quaker Diamonds" by Rosewood Manor. I'm stitching it with overdyed floss in a color conversion shared with me by another stitcher. The fabric is 30 or 32 count linen in the color Flax. I had been stitching it using a hoop, but switched over to a Rolaframe and this has made my stitching on this project easier and more enjoyable.

I also worked on "Tulip's Praise" by Gracewood Stitches.
I'm glad that this is my focus project because I'm making so much progress on it. The fabric is 18 count Jobelan in off white and the threads are the called-for DMC.

At stitch day I made a little progress on "Bluebird's Garden" by Artful Offerings.
This is such a cute project. I'm stitching it on 32 count Jobelan in a light beige-y neutral. OK, I don't know the color. The called-for threads are all overdyeds.

"Rainbow Row" got a little attention. I'm currently working on the green house. All of the subtle shading in this project is so worth it.
"The Light Upon The Lawn" by Blackbird Designs is turning out really nice. I'm stitching it on fabric that I coffee and tea dyed.
It's a 28 count fabric that got slightly stretched or something during the dyeing process, so when I started stitching this, the stitches looked huge. So I made the executive decision to stitch it one over one. We're talking teeny-tiny stitches!

And last but not least, I have a new start. I figure, why not. It's "Small Animal Sampler" by Bobbie G Designs.
Stitched on 28 count black Jobelan, I need really good lighting for this one! I'm using the DMC that the pattern calls for. This is just adorable.

Thanks for visiting with me today, and letting me show you what's going on in my stitching endeavors. I hope to be able to post about a lot more stitching next time because I plan to keep up with my "WIPmaynia" even into the month of June!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness you have so many wonderful projects in the works! I am so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All great projects.
    Love that Animal Sampler, that is going to be so pretty on black.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What pretty projects! Your new one, Small Animal Sampler is so darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your projects are all so gorgeous Cathy! I think I would be stuck choosing which one to stitch next! Hope you are having a lovely weekend! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is so pretty! I especially love Tulip's Praise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your projects are ALL beautiful. I found your FlossTube today and thought I'd check out your blog. I'm glad I did.

    Hope you are having a great stitch-filled day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of your projects are coming along beautifully, I really like the tulips and the animal sampler! The fabric you dyed looks great with the blue.

    ReplyDelete