Monday, May 13, 2019

A Lot Of Sewing Going On

I had a "craft room day" today. It was my day off so I dedicated it to doing stuff in my craft room. Sometimes I get so busy that I just pass that room by and look in longingly. So today was the day. I organized my cross stitch fabric, kitted up a new project, and did some sewing.

I'd been ignoring my sewing machine for a while and wanted to do a small project so I made a lined zipper pouch. I followed the complete and easy to follow instructions on the video "How To Make a Lined Zipper Pouch" on the channel "Needlepointers" on YouTube.
If you've been following my blog for a while, the fabrics might look familiar to you. I made a larger project bag out of them last year. But this small bag is for a **giveaway** on my YouTube channel, CraftyCat Stitcher. I figure the recipient won't mind the repeat fabric performance.

This bag is fully lined and has no raw edges. The only change I made was to add some medium weight sew-in interfacing. I sewed it close to the edges of both lining pieces as the first step, then followed all of the other instructions. I love it! I will be making more of these. They recommend using a zipper the exact width of the bag, but I bought a bunch of 16" zippers on Amazon for a good price. Sixteen inch zippers can be easily cut down to whatever size you need. Just don't use your good scissors to cut them!

Previously I had made a vinyl-front project bag using the instructions from Calico on this video. This will also be part of the giveaway. You can see photos of it on my previous post.

Here's what I came away with after today: I need to do craft room days more often!

Please come on back and visit again! I appreciate all of my blog followers and enjoy each and every one of your comments. See you soon!

7 comments:

  1. This is a great little bag. I love the fabrics. You whipped it up quite quickly. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful little pouch Cathy! Anyone would be very lucky to win it! I hope you get some more time in your craft room very soon! Have a lovely week! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bag is so pretty.
    Glad you had fun in your craft room.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. What pretty fabric. You made an awesome bag. Unfortunately for me; I don't YouTube!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot of people who don't YouTube. That's why I want to keep my blog going. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. Your craft room day turned out to be very productive, what a great bag!

    ReplyDelete