Monday, October 16, 2017

Stitching Update

I've been happily stitching away lately, and I'm here to show you my progress. The amazing thing for me is that I have a finish and two starts since I last posted.

First of all, the finish. It's Joyful World November by The Snowflower Diaries.
I'm very happy with this finish because: a) I actually finished something, and b) It's stitched in time for the appropriate month! Yay! I continue to enjoy stitching these, but I think that I need to use some different color fabrics for some of these. I was determined to use the 25 count linen that I have a ton of, but the white stitches are extremely difficult to do on it. I can see the white flower outlines and snowflakes in this photo, but in real life they barely show up. So which one do I, as a slow stitcher, do next? March? April?

Scaredy Cats by Mill Hill is coming along nicely.
This picture was taken at stitch day for my group, The Sisters In Stitches. I worked on Scaredy Cats exclusively last Saturday, and got a lot done.

So for the starts. I started "Christmas Sentiments" by Stoney Creek last week.
I'm stitching it on 28 count lugana in the color lambswool. This is the fabric color that it calls for. Now for this one, I'm really happy with the way the white is showing up on the fabric. Plus, the white thread is #8 pearl cotton. Love it. You can see I've barely started, but I know I'm going to like stitching this one.

My next start is "Snow Much Fun At The North Pole" by The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery. The chart can be found in the 2017 JCS ornament issue. I'm stitching it as part of a SAL in the Facebook group Candy Cane Stitchers.
I just started this one last night. The fabric is 28 count pale blue linen that I had in my fabric stash. I think it was in one of those ornament fabric packs that you can buy so I don't know the exact fabric name or color name. 

So I've been making some pretty good stitching progress. Yes, I do have some projects that I haven't touched for a few weeks, but I'll be picking those up again soon.

Also, Victorian Motto Sampler Shop blog is having an awesome giveaway! You can find out the details HERE!

Thanks for visiting! I can also be found on Youtube, where my channel is CraftyCat Stitcher. On Instagram, I'm craftycat_stitcher. Check back soon. I hope to have a Pinterest attempt post up in the next week. 

6 comments:

  1. Your November block turned out super. I like both of your new starts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects.
    The S Creek piece will be so pretty.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the peacock in November, so pretty!

    The Christmas Sentiments looks great and that little penguin is to cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never saw the Christmas Sentiments before, I love that pattern, another one to add to my growing list. YOur Nov stitch came out great and the frame is perfect for it! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your finish and Yay! for the new starts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely stitching, Cathy! Thanks for clueing me into your YouTube channel, I broke my arm so I’m desperate for crafty things to read and watch!

    ReplyDelete