Monday, October 30, 2017

It's Time For October WIPocalypse!

So I was looking for something in the closet in my craft room and guess what. I found a WIP, all kitted up and started! I have no idea when I started this or why I stopped stitching it. I do like it though, and it's perfect for this time of year.
It's "Be Ye Thankful" by The Cricket Collection. When I unearthed it, only one side of the house had any stitching on it. I added a few more stitches the other night. Yes, this is going into the WIP pile!

At Stitch Day this month, I worked on "Scaredy Cats" by Mill Hill. How optimistic I was that I would have this done by Halloween. Ha ha ha. Oh well, one can dream.
I'm a stitcher who doesn't mind stitching Halloween things in February and Christmas things in June. I'll keep up the stitching on this for Halloween 2018!

I also put a few stitches into "Christmas Sentiments" by Stoney Creek.
Now that I have all of the threads for this, I can keep going.

Finally, I have an almost-finish!
It's "Snow Much Fun At The North Pole" by Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery, and can be found in the 2017 JCS Christmas issue. A few more stitches and I'll be ready to do some finishing. The fabric is pale blue, but looks white in this photo.

And that's what I worked on this month. All of my other projects fell by the wayside temporarily. That's ok. They'll get back into the rotation.

Question of the month: How did you begin stitching? I got interested in needlework at a young age when my mom taught me how to embroider, mostly things like pillowcases. Then I found embroidery and crewel kits. When cross stitch started becoming popular, I jumped on the bandwagon and haven't jumped off!

I'm posting this as part of the WIPocalypse, a WIP rotation SAL hosted by Measi's Musings blog.
I just saw that the WIPocalypse will happen again in 2018, so if you want a little push to get working on those WIPs, you might want to consider joining. Click the link to find out more!

9 comments:

  1. Cathy, I love all of your stitches. Each one is adorable and coming out perfectly. Great job!

    I started cross stitching as a young Air Force wife. My friend and I went away to the beach back home while our husbands had to pull a week of alert. While we were there she taught me how to stitch that week. I loved it and have never stopped. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects.
    Love your Munster needleminder.
    Same as you, my Aunt had me stitching pillowcases, then I did a lot of crewel, than cross stitch.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress on all your stitches, I especially like that Stone Creek Christmas stitch. RJ got me stitching, I had done lots of other needlework over the years but never counted cross stitch, I got hooked immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful assortment of projects you have been working on, Cathy! I really like the Be Ye Thankful piece. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pieces you have there! Something for all different holidays. Love the Thanksgiving piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work on your stitching, all your project look great =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm catching your first video tonight and it makes me home sick. I am a Georgia girl living in Tennessee. (I too blog and just posted a new Flosstube for the first time in more than a year.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good timing finding that Thanksgiving wip, Cathy! Love all your projects!

    ReplyDelete