Friday, January 22, 2016

New Projects For The New Year

I've been given some good advice about whether I should make 2016 crafting resolutions, and won't be making any formal resolutions this year.  Instead, I'll just work on what I feel like working on.  And there are some new projects on the horizon.

I really liked this chart that a Facebook stitching friend posted.  It's called Christmas Sentiments by Stoney Creek.
After seeing it stitched up so beautifully, I knew that I wanted to add this chart to my collection.  Not only add it, but to actually stitch it this year.  It's been ordered, but hasn't arrived at my door yet.  That's all right with me because I'm in the midst of planning some other new starts!  You can find this pattern HERE if you're interested in ordering it.

Another Facebook friend of mine, Kirsten, showed some stitching she was doing as part of a stitch along right there on Facebook.  The group is called "Joyful World" and features a chart representing each month.  Kirsten was kind enough to add me to the group and now I'm looking forward to stitching these sweet charts.  The icing on top of the cake is that the charts are free!  You can link to this group right here.  This is a not-very-good photo of the first two charts along with a little peek of the fabric I'll be using for January.  Believe me, the finished stitching is beautiful!
I've already decided to stitch these separately and then get a frame so that I can change them by month.  My only remaining decision is whether to use DMC or the suggested Gentle Arts threads.  Going through my floss, I discovered that I only have one of the Gentle Arts colors listed for January and February.  Grrrrrrr. 

One more new project is something that has to stay a secret for a while.  I can't show any of it because it will be a gift.  A really pretty gift.  Yeah, that's not any fun to read about on a blog with pictures, so sorry about that.  I promise to post pictures when I can.

Not a new project, but definitely one I like a lot is my Kaleidoscope WIP.  I've made more progress.
As for my other WIPs, they'll be waiting for me to work on.  I figure that adding some new stuff to the rotation will be a good remedy to keep my stitching mojo going. 

I've also found a good Pinterest project for February!  Yes, already!  Amazing, isn't it?  I'll be getting started on something this weekend, so all I have to do is figure out which one. 

More updates to come.  Thanks for all of your kind comments!

8 comments:

  1. I love that Christmas chart as well as your monthly ones. Kaleidoscope is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Christmas chart, very pretty
    Enjoy your new projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of lovely projects to work on there Cathy! I shall enjoy watching your progress through the year! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Christmas chart is beautiful. Have fun stitching it and can't wait to see the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your stitching journey in 2016! It looks like you are off to a wonderful beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that Christmas chart is lovely! I look forward to watching your stitching grow this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a new follower of your Blog...I too have a Blog and here is the link:

    http://lindaksstitchingcorner.blogspot.com

    I would love for you to become a follower of my blog.

    Your Stitching is so beautiful. I love your WIP. The Charts that you want to do are so very pretty. Love the colors.

    Happy Stitching
    Have a Fantastic Day

    ReplyDelete