Monday, July 27, 2015

July Pinterest Project

For my July Pinterest-inspired project, I chose to do some beading.  I currently have 217 beading projects pinned, which is the most pins I have on any of my boards.  So my choice was based on that bit of data, along with the fact that I needed to make a small ornament for a gift.

I found this cute little beaded star that I made in one afternoon.  It's called Starlight and it was designed by Deborah Roberti at AroundTheBeadingTable.com.  Once again, I found everything I needed in my bead stash and you know how happy that makes me.

All that this project needed were:  Superduo beads, 11/0 seed beads, some 3mm round beads, and some 4mm beads for the center.  I chose the combination of silver, crystal and seed beads in purple, blue and green.  All I had to do was add some silver ribbon for a hanger and I was done!

This is a good beginner/intermediate beading project.  Around The Beading Table has such good illustrated instructions that someone who has minimal beading experience could make this pretty star.  Check them out.  They have lots of different free tutorials for all kinds of things - bracelets, necklaces, earrings and more.  Have some fun looking through all they have to offer!

Imagine all of the different color combinations you could do!  I will definitely make more of these.  I declare this Pinterest-inspired project a success!

5 comments:

  1. That looks fantastic! I think I might have to try making that, but I might have to go shopping first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Cathy! It certainly is a success... I love it and you could make one to co-ordinate with lots of different outfits... great! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks wonderful...and even better when you have everything you need in your stash!

    ReplyDelete