Friday, May 15, 2015

Other People's Creations - Supersize

Usually my "Other People's Creations" feature comes in a post alongside of some of my craftiness.  But today, I am devoting this entire post to some of the most amazing creativity I've seen in the past few months.  And none of it is mine.  This post is going to be picture heavy, so get ready to ooh and aah.

First off is the quilt that Stephanie made.  Just by looking at it, you would never know that this is her first quilting project. 
Steph took a quilting class at her local quilt store and you'll have to agree that this is an awesome first project!  Great color combination and beautiful work!

She also put her knitting skills to use in making this lovely knitted blanket.
Just look at the detail.  Steph will be donating this blanket to the veteran's hospital through the afghan group at her church.  That just warms my heart.

Let's move on to a little stitching.  No.  Make that a LOT of stitching.  Peggy, one of the Sisters In Stitches, brought her latest finish to Stitch Day last weekend.  We all had to stare at it for a while.
The design is "Alpine Seasons Crossings" by Chatelaine.  I've shown photos of this while in progress, but after 20 months of stitching, it's finished.
Note the beadwork.
Detail of the center.
You know what?  These pictures don't do this beautiful work of art justice.  But it's the best I can do in this space.  Absolutely gorgeous!  And wonderful inspiration for all of us stitchers.

Last is a gift that I received for my birthday from my sister, Sheila.  You know how I love getting handmade things and this is no exception.
It's a wall hanging that she made from squares and rectangles of textured and patterned polymer clay.  Isn't it awsomely pretty?  She crafted each piece and then attached them to a canvas. 
A little close-up detail.  I can see the imprint of Spirograph wheels and cookie press discs.
Her own flower design.
An imprint of some tiny branches, a few beads, and more cookie press discs.
She used a leaf from her yard to create the imprint on the right.
Another leaf imprint and a bead.
How lucky am I to receive such a wonderful gift?  I love everything about it - the colors, the shapes, the patterns.  The Spirograph imprint is meaningful because it was one of our favorite toys as kids, and Sheila still has our Spirograph.  Every single piece!  The cookie press disc imprints are also special.  Our mom made cookie press cookies every Christmas, and we continue the tradition.  I have hung my wall hanging on the wall at the entrance to my craft room, where I'll see it each day. 

So what do you think of my amazingly talented friends' creations?  As much as I like to stitch, sew and craft, I also like to see what other crafters are doing.  It's why I follow so many different blogs.  I find it inspiring, and I hope that you found this post inspiring too.  Now get out there and craft!

6 comments:

  1. So much to oooh and aaah at! How wonderful to have such talented and inspiring friends. As a stitcher I can really appreciate the work that has gone into the Chatelaine. It's stunning. I really love the hanging your sister made for you including your special memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that is her first quilt!It looks beautiful.
    I love seeing other peoples projects as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post, so many wonderful things to ogle at:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Cathy! Really enjoyed all the beautiful projects you shared in this post! What a lot of talented people there are... great ideas and inspiration! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love Stephanie's quilt and blanket. What talent! I'm still oohing at Peggy's work. And that last one looks familiar :)

    ReplyDelete