Friday, May 8, 2015

Home Decorating Fun

That title is a little misleading.  I didn't actually have fun doing this home decorating project.  But I do love the result.  You see, we've been in our home for about 5-1/2 years and it was just time to change the curtain valances in the family room and kitchen.  The ones that were on the windows when we moved in were ok.  They just weren't my favorite style and were a little dated looking.  So after spending the past 5-1/2 years slowly changing things for the better in our house, I made the decision that 2015 was when I'd start dealing with window treatment issues.

The first thing I found out was that home decorator fabric can be very expensive!  Luckily, I found a great online source for fabric:  Fabricguru.com.  They have a huge, amazing selection and affordable prices. 

I don't have a "before" picture, but here's the result of my hard work.
Look at Moxie.  It's always all about her.
I am not a big fan of working with huge pieces of fabric, which is why this was more of a work project for me rather than fun craftiness.  But on the plus side, I got exactly what I wanted and saved a ton of money.  I was also very fortunate to have a good curtain rod hanger.  Thanks, Mark! 

So now that I'm on a roll, I bought more fabric to make a valance for my craft room.  I went with a little wackier fabric for that one.   

Tomorrow is Stitch Day and I'm looking forward to doing a lot of stitching, something I've been neglecting lately with all of this home dec!  I've also started a beading project that I hope to work on a little today.  Keep checking back for photos of my progress!

5 comments:

  1. Hello Cathy! Like your valances, nice fabrics and just add a softening touch to the blinds! Have a nice weekend stitching! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great, creating and having what you really wanted, and saving as well:) Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your valances look nice. Looking forward to seeing the one for your craft area! Hope you had a great stitch day yesterday!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty fabric and beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's looking really great. And I'm sure the next ones will be beautiful, too.

    ReplyDelete