Friday, June 1, 2012

I Guess I Do Have Goals!

Our latest Blog Hop question from Loretta at Stitching The Night Away is this:
Do you set stitching goals for yourself and how do you plan them out? (Weekly, monthly, annually?) What are your current stitching goals (if you don’t mind sharing)?
In addition to setting goals for yourself, do you have a special reward that you reserve for when you reach a stitching goal?
 Hmmmm, good question.  The only time I really set a strict goal for finishing a project is when I'm stitching something for a gift.  The reward for that is one we all know when we give a gift of our stitching -- the appreciation of the receiver.  I don't mean that to sound corny, but it's so true.

I'm the kind of stitcher who doesn't like to have a lot of projects going on at once.  Right now my WIPs number four. (OK, I'm not talking about UFOs.  That's a completely different thing.)  So the goal I set for my own non-gifty projects is that when I complete one, I can start another.  And most of us stitchers know how much fun that is!  I mean, who among us never gets a case of start-itis?  Beginning a new project is a reward in itself!  And there's always one "on deck", isn't there? 

Visit all the blogs in this round of the Stitching the Night Away Stitching Blogger Blog Hop:
Find the instructions on how to participate in this round by clicking here.

4 comments:

  1. Ooohh, I know what you mean by the "start-itis"...when you get tingling just thinking about a new project when you are oh so close to finishing the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's always at least 1 (or 10) project on deck for me. I dont wait for a finish though. I'll just dig in whenever I feel like it...hence I started making goals. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. My WIP max is 6, and I don't allow myself to start anything new until I finish one either. There is something addicting about beginning a new project...I think it is because new patterns haven't had the chance to get on our nerves yet :)

    ReplyDelete