Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Can All Weeks Be This Good?

Last week was one of those weeks where everything just worked out.  I know.  Those are few and far between.  But it started off with a chat with my friend Suzanne, resulting in plans to get together this week.  On Wednesday I had a nice lunch with Sheila, Grace and Emily.  Then there was the good health news for Cosmo and an excellent job evaluation.  On Friday I went to The Stitch Store to stitch with my Virginia friend Maggie, who drove in for the weekend.  Terrie was also there and the three of us had a nice relaxing bonus stitch day.  I say bonus because Saturday was our official Saturday Stitch Day!  And now I can show off the sewing project that I hinted at in my last post.  It's a bunch of cute little thread catchers!  I made one for each stitcher in my group.  As you can see, each one is unique.  Everyone quickly chose the one they liked the best.  It's just fun to create something for people you like.  You can find the instructions for these on the blog "Needling Things".  Have fun!

Stitch Day was wonderful as usual and flew by quickly.  We had a lot of laughs and I think there were a few tears.  Quite a bit of stitching got done, along with some eating, shopping and talking.  And there was chocolate.  And cake.  It was great to have Maggie join us this month.  I'm sure we all wish she could be a permanent member of the group. 

Now that I've finished the Kitty Kalendar, my next goal is to complete Folk Eggs by Prairie Schooler.  I'm stitching egg #6, so it's looking good!  I also acquired some new stash at The Stitch Store.  Photos to follow!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice thread catchers. Looks like they would be handy in a stitching bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly sounds like a fabulous week! The thread catchers are adorable.

    ReplyDelete