Sunday, January 26, 2020

Stitching Rotation Explanation

January has been a very good stitching month. I've been rotating my projects with great results. With 15 WIPs going on right now, the rotation is the best way to manage them all. I read someone's comment (not on this blog) that a rotation was too confining. The way I rotate couldn't be farther from that definition! Let me explain how I do it. I stitch on a project for about three days, then choose another one. Stitch on that one for three days, then go on to another. That's it. Not complicated or confining at all! And guess what. If I want to go back to the first project next, then I do that. Oh, and if I want to stitch on something for four days, I can! Wow, I'm such a rebel.

Stitching is supposed to be fun, and a rotation is just a way to get a little stitching in on all of your projects. Make up your own rotation "rules". My "three days" time frame is just my own thing. Yours could be one day or two - or a week.

So what is the result of all of this rotating? Just look!

I worked on "Tulip's Praise" by Gracewood Stitches.
Yes, it's a huge project, but I'm now on the top row of tulips. It's stitched on 18 count evenweave in white or off white. Maybe a finish this year?

"Angel of Divinity Stocking" by Dimensions was up next.
I got a lot done on the back half of the lamb. Lots of light, pale colors in there! This is a kit and is being stitched on 18 count white aida.

I worked quite a bit on "Bluebird's Salute" by Luminous Fiber Arts at my last stitch day. Then I was really motivated to finish it!
So I have a finish! I know how I'm going to FFO it and will be able to show that in my next post. The fabric is 28 count white Jobelan.

I picked up Linen and Threads Mystery Sampler 2017. Yes, I know it's 2020.
I like this project a lot but am going to be so glad to get to the February portion. I'm stitching this on 32 count white Jobelan with my own DMC color combination.

I got a little framing done.
This is "The Light Upon The Lawn" by Blackbird Designs, and I finished stitching it late last year. I put it into this thrift store frame. Wasn't sure I was going to like the light frame color and thought about painting it, but I really like it! It's very nice to get something totally finished and ready to hang.

So January was a good month for stitching. There are a few days left. Let's see how much more progress I can make. How is your January going? Cold? Snowy? Maybe you need a dose of spring. These daffodils bloomed just before it was going to freeze so we cut them and brought them in.
It was a way to bring a little spring into the house when there's still about two more months of winter. These are just early daffodils. They always come up when winter is in full swing.

Thanks for visiting today! Happy stitching!

9 comments:

  1. Oh my Cathy you sure have been busy. I love how you have done your rotation. It's a great way to get the older stitches done but keep doing the ones you really enjoy the most longer.

    Great choices in patterns and your framing is done so well. Enjoy! RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your rotation system and it definitely seems to be working for you so many fabulous projects!! I love your finished project too.... the frame is fabulous! Have a wonderful week! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects.
    The Tulips are so pretty & striking on white.
    Love those Daffs.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your projects are lovely and your rotation is definitely working for you! I also love the daffodils! BTW, no snow in sight where I am.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the Tulips are so gorgeous! And your SAL is just lovely! Who is the designer of The Cat of the Month please Cathy?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did get a lot of beautiful stitching in during January! Cute finish too! And what I think is that if YOUR rotation works for you, then it is perfect! Can't wait to see what February brings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love that you got to cut those early blooming daffodils and get them indoors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your rotation idea. Three days is enough time to see some good progress.
    The Linen & Threads was a beautiful design, but so big!
    I like the Blackbird Designs project you framed, I think the pale wood looks fine with the blues.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you had a great January for stitching! Everything looks lovely, the tulips are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete