Sunday, June 25, 2017

June WIPocalypse - No Rotation?

I know, I know. The purpose of this WIPocalypse was supposed to help me to keep up on ALL of my WIPs by rotating. Well, June was not my most stellar rotation month. But I can still be positive about my stitching progress. I have an actual finish and a good start on a new WIP! Yay!

I finished up "June" in the Snowflower Diaries Joyful World series in time to display it in the month it's supposed to be displayed in! Success!
Not only that, but also mounted and framed. I am using a regular picture frame with a removable back for these. This way I can just change them each month. OK, I can change them each month when I actually complete them. I do like this finish a lot. Now the big question is: Which month should I start next? I'm thinking October or November. I'm pretty confident that I can get one of those done before that month begins. This will be a definite start for July or even this week.

Remember last month when I had about 5 stitches in Rainbow Row? More progress has been made since then.
So far so good. I am enjoying stitching this. It's going to be really pretty stitched up. Yesterday was my stitch group's monthly stitch day get together and this is what I worked on. I hope to have a lot more to show you next month.

Melissa's topic for June: Show us your stitching space! Where do you sit, and what is going on around you while you stitch (TV, audiobooks, etc.)?
I usually stitch in my living/family room. My spot is on the end of the couch with my light source on my right.
My scissors in their holder and my ort dish (aka "thread bucket") are right at hand also. Also at hand is usually a cat. Or two. I almost always watch TV when I stitch.

My alternate stitching spot is in my craft room.
I like this comfortable recliner, and again, my stitching supplies are right there. Scissors in the little holder that my husband made, cat ort holder, etc. Snowball is not usually there. I just thought he would look cute in the photo. I also have an Ott Light floor lamp that I can use if the light isn't right. I have a little TV in there too.

My goals for July: 1. Keep working on Rainbow Row. 2. Get Kaleidoscope back into the rotation. 3. Start another month in the Joyful World series.

Many thanks to Melissa at Measi's Musings for hosting WIPocalypse. Please click on the link to find out more about WIPocalypse or to see her blog.

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment or better yet, become a follower! I appreciate each and every one of my followers as well as all comments. See you soon!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy! Rainbow Row is progressing very well and I love your bear stitch. You did a great job on framing too. Happy stitching. Look forward to seeing more. RJ @ stitching friends forever

    ReplyDelete
  2. June turned out cute, great idea with the frames.
    Great progress on RR.
    Nice stitching spaces!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cathy, Not one but two nice stitching spots!! Nice frame and good idea to switch out the stitch each month, how many of the diary stitches have you completed? It's a sweet series. Have a nice week, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some very peaceful settings for sitting and stitching. I am a wee bit jealous at the moment. You've got some nice pieces you're stitching at the moment. It's very smart of you to have one frame and just switch the stitching out every month. --Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice Joyful Worls finish and it looks great in this frame. October or November should be no problem to finish in time before the month arrives.
    Nie progress on Rainbow Row.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you having two stitching spots! :) Great progress on Rainbow Row.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see Rainbow Row it out, I love that piece. Very comfy looking stitching spots you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your finish! Both of your stitchy spaces look so comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your beautiful finish...it is so pretty...I love it.

    Your Stitching Areas are real pretty...

    I too have a Sewing-Stitching-Quilting Room all by itself and it is nice and big.

    Have A Lovely Day

    Happy Stitching
    Linda K

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of your stitching areas look quite cozy. Way to go on getting June finished!

    ReplyDelete