Friday, April 3, 2015

March Pinterest-Inspired Project

For my Pinterest-inspired craftiness in March, I chose something relatively easy to do.  It turned out so well that I may make more of these.  I saw a pin of a necklace with charms as the focal piece.  There were no instructions; someone had just pinned the photo.  After searching through my gigantic bead collection, I decided on a beaded version and one on a chain.
I found some sea glass looking seed beads and added silver accents.  The pretty flower toggle gets to be up front to show off some little charms.
And the chain version:
The chain I picked for this necklace is slightly too clunky for the design.  I think I'll find a more delicate chain and switch the toggle and charms to that. 

I've already worn the beaded one a few times and have gotten positive comments about it.  I liked choosing the materials for both of these, mainly because I'm a big fan of beads and charms.  They were simple to create, using basic materials I already had in the house.  I think I will make more!

HELP!
OK, friends, I need your help.  A week ago, I announced that my Meet & Greet Giveaway winner was Lynn from the blog "Random Acts Of Stitching Kindness".  I was informed that she is a contributor to the blog and that there are 2 Lynns who contribute.  I have no way of knowing which Lynn this is, and how to contact her.  If any of you know her, please ask her to contact me.  If I don't hear from her in the next week or so, I feel like I should draw another name.  This is a sticky situation for a blogger!  So if you can help me, I would appreciate it.

Welcome, new followers!  I can't believe that I'm almost at 250!  That just seems like a major number in the blogging world!

10 comments:

  1. Hello Cathy! Love your necklaces... I like the beaded one best.... but I love beads! Hope you find Lynn! Have a lovely Easter weekend! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely necklaces you have created! I really like the 'sea glass' looking beads you used. Where did you find them along with the charms on the 2nd necklace?

    Enjoy your weekend!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember where I got these exact beads, but you can get sea glass looking seed beads at Auntie's Beads. I'm sure that Fire Mountain Beads has them too. Just search for matte transparent to find that sea glass look. I think I bought the charms at Joann's. You can find really cute pewter charms at Loretta's Beads on Etsy.

      Delete
  3. What a pretty necklace, Cathy--I just love the colors that you've chosen :)

    Wishing you a very happy Easter weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely necklace, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty necklace! Good luck on your Lynn search :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely necklace.
    There are two Lynn's on the RAK blog but one is Lynn B from Happiness is Cross Stitching. Your Lynn is the other one! If she was a "no reply" commenter then the Admin for the RAK blog will have the email she signed up with. Maybe the Admin could contact her on your behalf?
    I do find that giveaways attract people who never usually comment and don't leave email addresses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I have contacted the blog Admin and asked her if she could attempt to get in touch with Lynn.

      Delete