1. Which fabric do you prefer? I like the result I get on Jobelan or Lugana. Nice and even weave, and easy to stitch are the features that make these fabrics my favorites.
2. What is your favorite fabric count? 28 count is my choice, but I'll go as small as 32 count. My eyes cross when stitching on anything smaller than that. Especially if it's linen. And then I make mistakes. Bad mistakes.
3. What color fabric do you most enjoy stitching on? Neutrals -- off white, white, beige. I get out of my neutral comfort zone often though.
4. What is your favorite fiber? DMC for its beautiful range of colors, softness, and easy availability. I do use some overdyed floss and like those for certain things.
5. How many of the 450 DMC colors do you own? Probably most of them. Don't judge me.
6. Of your last 5 finished projects, how many used DMC/Anchor as the main floss? Three. I think.
7. Of the last 5 projects, if you didn't use DMC/Anchor, what did you use? Either Crescent Colours, Weeks Dye Works, or Gentle Arts.
8. What needles do you prefer? Bohin size 26.
9. What is the ugliest design you've encountered? Now, now. I'm not going to be hurting anyone's feelings here. There are things that I don't like, but then probably other stitchers don't like some of the designs I stitch. I mean, if I really answered this question, then people might not visit my blog anymore. And that would be sad.
10. What is the most beautiful design you've encountered? Too many to name. And it doesn't help that I like a lot of different kinds of designs. I'm an avid collector.
11. Who is your favorite designer? I gravitate toward Little House Needleworks, Blackbird Designs, Prairie Schooler, New York Dreamer, Drawn Thread. There are more.
12. Least favorite designer? I don't have a least favorite. Nope, not going there.
13. Would you support a designer whose personal beliefs offended or angered you? I can't imagine what that would be, but probably not. I guess.
14. Do you have a lamp specially made for needleworkers/crafters? I do! I have a standing Ott Light in my craft room, a tabletop Ott Light, and a teeny tiny Ott Light. I use the tabletop light the most.
15. What brand of stitching light do you have or prefer? I already spilled the beans on that one, huh?
16. What kind of environment best suits you when you are stitching? Anywhere with a semi-comfortable seat and good lighting. And I need a place to have all of my supplies at hand. My favorite environment is when my stitch group, The Sisters In Stitches, gathers and we all stitch together.
17. Have you stitched any design more than once? Yes, it was a Noah's Ark chart that I found in a magazine. I first stitched it for some friends, then when I wanted to stitch it again for my sister, I had to hunt the magazine down. Finally found it on Ebay.
18. Favorite design you have stitched and finished.
|Peppermint Twist by Blue Ribbon Designs|
|It's called Barn Dance and I found the chart in a magazine. I don't remember which one.|
20. Last, but not least, what's your longest running WIP?
That sums up the questions. Now you are enlightened about all of my stitching preferences. Aren't you glad? Go on and try it on your blog. It's kind of fun.