Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Ringing In The New Year Blog Hop Style

I was glad to see Loretta's Blog Hop still going strong in the new year.  Blog Hop #14's question is this:

What was your biggest stitching accomplishment in 2012?
What was your favorite stash acquisition in 2012 and will you be using it in 2013?


Let's start with the stash acquisition question.  As you may know from my previous posts, in 2012 our local cross stitch store closed.  It was a sad occasion indeed, but I did stock up on quite a few charts, floss and fabrics before the store shut its doors for the final time.  As a result I now have enough stitching supplies to last a lifetime.  I can't say that I have a favorite chart in the bunch, but I will enjoy stitching them and as I do, I'll remember the fun we had at The Stitch Store.

As for stitching accomplishments, I actually had more finishes this year than in any year I can remember.  I feel like I've devoted more time to stitching, realizing that it's something that relaxes and centers me.  My favorite accomplishment was becoming part of our stitch group, Sisters In Stitches.  We were just a group of stitchers who met once a month at The Stitch Store and gabbed and stitched for a good part of the day.  There was eating involved too.  When we found out about the upcoming closing of the store, we decided to cement our friendships and our group by giving ourselves a meaningful name and vowing to keep meeting.  And we have!  We are currently seeking a centralized location to meet, but have been getting together in each others' homes until we do.   It's not always easy to keep a group like this going, so I think that this is a major accomplishment!

Come and join the Blog Hop in 2013!

Visit all the blogs in this round of the Stitching the Night Away Stitching Blogger Blog Hop:
Find the instructions on how to participate in this round by clicking here.

Stitching the Night Away Stitching Bloggers Blog Hop

 

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the stash and on the finishes. I loved dedicating more time to stitching in 2012, and I hope for more in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joining a stitching group sounds like a great accomplishment, that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sisters in Stitches sounds like so much fun!! I wish I could find local stitchers in my area, so far no luck though. But I love my online stitching pals

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had a stitching group, it sounds like so much fun. So glad I have on-line stitching friends.

    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog!! I hope to post more in 2013.

    It is great to acquire all that stash, but, so sad about the shop closing. Nice to hear you have made great stitching friends... I go to a Stitch Camp once a year, and it is always so much fun!

    ReplyDelete