Sunday, July 19, 2020

At Least I've Gotten Some Stitching Done

I've been away from my blog for far too long, so it's good to be back with a post. I haven't slacked at all on my stitching though. The rotation is still going well and really seems to be working for me.

I participated in a "Christmas In July" exchange in a Facebook group. We were to stitch an ornament and send it to our exchange person during the month of July. I chose this little Blue Ribbon Designs piece that I found in the Just Cross Stitch ornaments issue 2019. It's called "Trimming The Tree".

I enjoyed stitching this and it's one that I would stitch again for me.

"Bluebird Garden" by Artful Offerings is nearing a finish!
I have a bit more to do on the pedestal and then the border, and that's it. I'm using the called for colors on 32 count Jobelan in a khaki color. Fabric names escape me and this is one of them.

"Salute To Abigail" by Blackbird Designs also received a few stitches.
I am SO happy with this project. It's being stitched on 32 count linen in the color Mink by R&R. I remembered a fabric name! Congrats to me. I did do a floss conversion from the called for silks, and I think it's a pretty good one!

Here's Plum Street Samplers "Clementine".
Clementine looks a lot like a cat I used to have. The threads are a mix of DMC and overdyeds, but mostly the called for. The fabric is ???? Jobelan, 32 count.

It seems like I've been working on "Tulip's Praise" by Gracewood Stitches, Kathy Bungard for a loooooong time.
It's just a big project. I'm maybe 2/3 of the way done. It's being stitched on 18 count Jobelan in antique white and I'm using all DMC, which is what it calls for.

My former "unicorn chart" is up next. This is "Easter Parade" by Blackbird Designs.
Isn't he the cutest rabbit? The fabric is 28 count Jubilee in the color "Northern Skies" by Sugar Maple Fabrics. I have never used Jubilee fabric before but I like it. It's pretty heavy, and reminds me a little of canvas. I chose it because I can't look at this fabric without thinking Easter!

And then we have an actual FFO! I finished stitching "Fragments In Time 2018" by Summer House Stitch Workes.
Then I finished it into a little pillow/pincushion! I'm very happy with the backing fabric because it goes so well with the design, AND it was in my fabric stash. I trimmed it with some chenille trim and filled it with crushed walnut shells, which is my filling of choice. This will be a gift.

I also did this.
When was the last time I planted flower seeds? This really brightens up my deck.

So that's all of the stitching for now. I am working on a non stitching project that I'll be back soon to tell you about. Until then, happy stitching!

7 comments:

  1. What beautiful projects Cathy! I love seeing them all grow and I love the little finished pincushion. Gorgeous! Have a great week! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice stitching.
    Love that Bluebird, looks so good on that color of fabric.
    That backing fabric is perfect on the little pillow.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bluebird Garden is so cute and I LOVE Tulip's Praise; can't remember if I bought that one or not. The pincushion is finished very nicely too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Cathy! It is so nice to be able to visit with my stitching friends again. I've been very sick the past five months and I have alot to catch up on. LOVE all of the stitches you are showing here. You have been a busy girl. Have a great week. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RJ, I hope that you're feeling better. You were missed!

      Delete
  5. All your projects are beautiful. I can’t pick a favorite. Your needles have been smoking. Love the zinnias. They are always so vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many lovely pieces and the colours in all of them are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete