Monday, July 24, 2017

A Big Finish

I hope you didn't expect some kind of giant cross stitch project when you read "A Big Finish". This one is relatively small in size, but was a lot of work. It took me quite a while to finish it up as well.
It's Kaleidoscope, and it's all done! To be honest, I don't know how long I've been working on this, but let's just say that it's been years rather than months. But as you know, I have been working on other projects at the same time. So there's my excuse.

It's meant to be finished up into a cushion, but I'm leaning toward framing it. What do you think?

I also talked about this on my Flosstube channel, CraftyCat Stitcher. I made a second video! I think my Flosstube experience is going pretty well so far. Being a slow stitcher, I won't be making videos every week with amazing finishes. I'll probably be posting there every couple of weeks.

Now I want to find another Sheena Rogers design to stitch! I really love these stitch-filled squares!

I'll be posting here on Sunday (I can't believe that it will be the last Sunday in July!) with my WIPocalypse progress. At that time you'll see another start, maybe two!

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your finish, Cathy! Kaleidascope is gorgeous, and it is a big project, it's a lot of slow work. The floss colors are wonderful...High Five! I will be no help in your decision, as I think it will be stunning, no matter which way you go for a finish.
    I haven't figured out flosstube yet, but I know so many watch it and love it...once I get it, I'll be watching :)
    I'll be looking forward to your WIPocalypse post on Sunday.
    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your Kaleidoscope finish! It looks great. I think I would frame it instead of turning it into a pillow/cushion. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the pretty finish Cathy.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy dancing with you - it's a glorious finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a gorgeous finish, all those color changes is a great excuse for it taking years! Enjoy your floss tube adventure...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kaleidoscope looks awesome! Congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kaleidoscope is beautiful.
    I think it would make a very pretty cushion.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty design! It will look gorgeous no matter how you finish it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great design. And I'm sure it would look great in a frame.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are so many color changes in this piece that I can see why it took so long to finish. The design is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete