Saturday, September 5, 2015

Stitching And More Stitching

The last couple of weeks have been stitching weeks for me, and I'm happy to say that I made some progress on my pincushion project.  As promised, here is the photo on what I've done so far.
Notice I said "some progress" and not "tremendous progress".  I am seeing it take shape and that is a good thing.  The chart is "Kaleidoscope" by Sheena Rogers.  This is one I'm going to finish before I work on anything else.  I think.  You never know. 

I was contentedly stitching this one and then two more library books came in off of my reserve list.  Not one.  Oh nooooo.  Two.  And we only keep them out for two weeks.  And then, another stitching project arrived at my doorstep.  In one of my stitching groups on Facebook, we're stitching something for one of the members and it's a surprise.  This project has already visited the homes of 2 members, then it came to me.  It will go to more participants after me.  And that's pretty much all I can tell you because I'm not exactly sure who all reads my blog.  Here's a tiny view of it.
That's all I can show.  Weird photo too because the colors are completely off.  I think I had bad lighting when I snapped this.  Oh well, good disguise.  I can say that I'm stitching this one pretty quickly, which is unlike me. 

The other day on Facebook, someone posted a link to a freebie that caught my eye right away.  And you know how I am when it comes to freebies!  Jody at Satsuma Street designed this cute chart, Summer's Flight, and is generously offering it as a freebie.

 The colors in this pattern are, what can I say, just delightful!  Plus, she includes finishing instructions right there on her blog.  Please check out her blog.  Her designs are colorful and whimsical and I may have to do some shopping there. 

Thanks for visiting!  I will post photos of the secret project as soon as the recipient receives it. 
Until then, keep checking back for more crafty stuff. 

6 comments:

  1. Lovely stitching!
    Enjoy the weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. What neat stitches you are working on!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link for the Satsuma Street freebie. I have a few of her patterns in my stash and the colours are gorgeous.
    I'll be interested to see the Sheena Rodgers design in progress as I like her stuff too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice stitching. And so nice to share the link to the Satsuma Street project.

    ReplyDelete