Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Heart Of Gold

Last week was Valentine's Day, and there were so many lovely Valentine related items in blogs and on Pinterest.  I realized that I don't have anything stitched for this holiday!  So a new goal for me:  to create a stitched piece to display for next February 14th.  OK, I have a year so this is completely doable.

One pretty little thing I saw on a blog were these tiny crocheted hearts.  The link for the how-to was provided, so I took a look.  Then began the search for some yarn.  Here's what I came up with:  old gold or gray.  No Valentine red or candy-heart pink, or even white.  Well, this is just practice right?  So old gold it was.  And here is what I accomplished!

This is a big deal to me because, if you'll remember, my crocheting skills were limited to square or rectangle things.  Look at me, I'm branching out!  I have skills! 

So, fellow crafters, be sure to take a look at the blog, Maybe Matilda, for an abundance of crocheting, sewing, decorating ideas, and more.  I'm having fun perusing all of the beautiful photos and crafting ideas she has there.  I think you will too.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, good for you for crocheting a fancy heart shape! I don't know anything more than a chain stitch! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful Valentine design for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could crochet. Cute heart:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The heart is really cute! I, too, wish I could crochet!

    ReplyDelete