Thursday, May 7, 2020

April Stitching Wrap-Up

Here's what I want to know: Just where did April go? How could it fly by so quickly? I must have had my nose in my stitching the entire time because I have no idea.

I do know that I've done a lot of stitching. Oh, and cleaning and going through stuff in my house. I think a lot of people are doing that. I've seen questions online about where to take donated items right now. I even cleaned out my laundry room. I planted flower seeds and am attempting to "root" romaine lettuce. I'm watching old episodes of Project Runway and Top Chef.

But back to the stitching. I found an old project that I totally forgot about. It's the Tortoise and The Hare by Prairie Schooler. I don't know what happened there, if it just got misplaced or what. But it's a cute design and I had enough done that I was interested enough in continuing it.
Plus, the colors are so pretty! I'm stitching this on 20 count white Jobelan, with DMC in the called-for colors.

I worked on one of my favorite WIPs, Bluebird Garden by Artful Offerings.
The entire body of the bird is finished. Now I just have to stitch his pedestal and the rest of the flowers. Oh, and the border.

Just for fun, I decided to start something. This is Turkey Bay by Plum Street Samplers.
 I originally saw this on the wall at Dyeing To Stitch in Virginia Beach, VA. It was stitched one over one on 25 count fabric, and I just loved the way it looked and instantly purchased the chart! I'm stitching it two over one on 20 count evenweave. I was happy with my progress after only two days of work.

How about a finish?! I finished stitching Little House Needleworks Sampler Month July.This chart came in a pack of two charts, July and August, and included the floss for both projects.
It was stitched on a 28 count mystery linen in a neutral color. I know exactly how I would like to finished this, so stay tuned! The "August" chart will be a start in the near future.

I framed my Barn Cats finish.
This Prairie Schooler finish is so cute, and I found the perfect frame for it in my stash.

And last but not least is my birthday start. Yes, I had a birthday last week and decided on a major start.
It's Cardinal Points by Long Dog Samplers. I'm stitching it on white Edinburgh 36 count linen, 2 over two in the called for Gentle Art threads. It doesn't look like much, but I'm really happy with my start.

So now on to Stitchmaynia. I'm doing my own version. I started a new project on May 1st, and then will start a new one on each Monday in May. I'll include those in my next post. I'll also continue working on a WIP rotation in between starts, so I'll also be doing WIPmaynia. It keeps it interesting and fun.

I hope you're getting in some stitching and enjoying the process as much as I am. It's good to have something to focus on, especially right now. I hope you're doing well, and you come back to visit my blog again!

9 comments:

  1. wow! you have been busy :) lovely stitching, take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the Bluebird Garden design. I may have to add that to my wishlist. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am doing this one, too, but I am using DMC. Yours looks great so far! Haven't worked on mine in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cathy,
    You have some lovely projects there! I especially like the July sampler.
    You’ve made a great start on Cardinal Points - it looks a lot to me! I’m still working on a sampler I started in 2004! I can’t believe it’s been so long! Still, it can’t be long before I finish now! 😂
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Turtle is so cute, & love the Bluebird.
    July is so soft & pretty.
    I've sen Cardinal Points stitched up, it's beautiful.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathy, I think you accomplished much in April!! Your bluebird stitch is so sweet!! I see a theme of animals here!! Love the cat framed and I'm looking forward to seeing how you are going to finish July, I love the monthly stitches and this one is very pretty. The PS patterns are all so charming. Will the tortise and hare become a pillow? Stay well. Mary


    Turkey Bay and Cardinal points are two ambitious projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Prairie Schooler charts are so much fun to stitch:) I've been eyeing their Xmas charts that I have in my stash lately...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did get in quite a bit of stitching! I especially love the Bluebird; it is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much lovely stitching, I love the Barn Cat! That's the perfect frame for it.

    ReplyDelete