Saturday, March 7, 2020

Stitching Update

My rotation has kept rotating right along since I posted last. I restarted Country Cottage Needleworks' "Frosty Forest" in a way that I like a little better. I'm omitting one of the designs and an stitching it on one piece of fabric in two rows of four. Here's my start.
It's being stitched on 32 count Silvery Moon Lugana.

I also had a new start. Yes, I want to start everything. These Little House Needleworks charts have been calling to me for a while.
Each chart pack contains two month charts plus the floss. I've had these for a long time and thought that it was about time I stitched them. I started with July because I'm pretty sure I'll have it done before July. That's the theory anyway. I'm stitching this one on 28 count natural linen.

Next, I worked on "Berry Heart" by UB Designs.
I'm ok with stitching Christmas in March. In fact, I'm ok with stitching Christmas all year round. The trees are mostly done and I've started the vine which makes up the actual heart. The fabric is 28 count Sandcastle Jobelan.

"Salute To Abigail" by Blackbird Designs was up next.
I'm so happy with the way this one is looking. It does look a little washed out in this photo, but you can see the color variations. I'm stitching it on 32 count R & R linen in the color Mink.

More Christmas! Little House Needleworks' Farmhouse Christmas "Grandpa's Pick-up" is a fun stitch.
This is number three in the series. It's being stitched on 30 count linen, but I don't know the color name. I ordered all of the charts complete with the floss and linen.

I finished and FFO'd "Believe" by Dimensions! That makes two FFO's in two months. Let's see if I can keep that up. Never mind.
I used a frame that I bought at Joann's right after Christmas in their sale section. It had a wooden board that was imprinted with something Christmas-y, but I bought it mainly for the framing options. The piece itself is laced onto mat board. I covered a piece of foam core board with fabric and then put the stitched piece directly on that. A little red trim and then it was done!

I'm also working on an afghan. I've just completed blocks 5 and 6. That's out of 30 blocks, so I have a long way to go.
I'm enjoying this project and learning new crochet stitches in the process.

So not bad for a few weeks of stitching! Just a reminder. I have a Flosstube channel called CraftyCat Stitcher, which you can find HERE.  I have fun making these videos, just as I enjoy posting on my blog. I know that some people enjoy the blog more and some prefer to watch the videos. Either way, I hope that you come back to visit. And thank you for all of your kind comments!

9 comments:

  1. Lovely stitching!! I didn't know you had a FT channel? I will definitely sign up to watch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoyed catching up with how all your projects are progressing and your rotation system certainly seems to be working, some beautiful stitching Cathy! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. All great projects.
    Those Trees are so beautiful.
    Looks like an interesting afghan.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are certainly accomplishing alot!!! Just looking at those Christmas trees makes me dizzy!! They are very time consuming. I love the LHN patterns, I find them easy to stitch. The BBD has beautiful colors. Congrats on your finish and your stitch fit the frame perfectly!! Love that crochet stitch. I went to a library group that meets once a month and was taught the double crochet, hope to have the cowl finished by next meeting. It's a great project to take along in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you finished Believe. You have made great progress on all of your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of your projects Cathy. They are so bright and cheerful. Really like your afghan squares. Right now I'm crocheting little blankies for angel babies.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Cathy, you have been very busy! I love all your new starts and I think stitching Christmas all year round is a great idea. I am really looking forward to seeing more of Frosty Forest! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have so many lovely starts and your Believe piece is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been busy! Cathy, I love that little Santa needleminder! Hope you and your family are hanging in there! I'm gonna be updating my blog and start blogging again. I still have that sweet little stuffed moose you gave me all those Christmas's ago! :)

    ReplyDelete