Monday, January 15, 2018

Winter Time Three Tier Tray

The three tier tray has been transformed for the winter season. Everything is looking especially snowy, icy, and silvery.
Making a return appearance are the sweet little deer, a few pine cones, and some evergreen trees that adorned the Christmas version of the tray.
I added some tiny winter-themed stitched pieces in frames. Don't you love the tiny doll-house size bunnies?
Each tray is lined with "Christmas tree snow". That's what the package said. To me, it looks like a cross between felt and batting. Underneath the "snow" is a great place to hide some battery operated lights.
The little light-up house was an after Christmas find at Joann's. A white ceramic flower pot holds silver jingle bells. The snowflakes on the outside of the trays are felt and were cut from a spool of them.
Crystal and silvery picks filled in spaces. The whole thing looks especially pretty lit up at night.
And there you have it! The three tier tray in all its winter glory! Inspiration came from Priscilla at Priscilla's Blog, as well as other tray decorators on Pinterest and Instagram. What will be next? I think probably an Easter-themed one. I do have a lot of little Easter things that will be perfect for this tray. I'll probably keep the winter theme going until about the end of January.

So what do you think? I haven't done much winter decorating in the past, but I think this is pretty cute. It brightens up a space in what can be some very dreary months.

Thanks for visiting today! Please come back again to see what I'm up to. I appreciate comments and please consider subscribing. Have a great week!

8 comments:

  1. Lovely display. I really like how you mixed in your cross stitch pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy you are having so much fun with your three tiered piece. It looks fantastic too! Makes me want to go buy one. Great job. I look forward to seeing the next one. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your winter tiered tray. It looks fabulous and I bet it really sparkles in the evening. Where did you find your deer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's pretty cute too!
    I love the cute little reindeer.
    A great Winter decoration.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy, I love your 3 tiered tray!! The addition of the little lights is such a great idea which I'm going to copy. Michaels had some of the white trees 80% off, I have to go back now and hope they are still there!! Thanks so much for the inspiration!! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! This is soooooooo pretty Cathy. I love this. Well done my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I like your winter tray. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete